10Kilomeat10Kilomeat

Main Art Reviews Stats 1 Fan

All 18 art Reviews

Daily Imagination #211 - Ancient Predator Daily Imagination #211 - Ancient Predator

I really like the design, the pose and the whole creepy ambience in general. But I wish you had used more value to make the character stick out more. To me it seems you want the lighting to be very sharp because of the highlights (which you executed very well) but it can't be done without dark values as well. So my tip, check your values constantly and don't be afraid to make some parts completely black. Also, I just realised that you're the same guy whose art I commented on a few minutes ago. Just wanted to say that you've got a great diversity of stuff! I wouldn't have guessed it before. Good job!

A Small Adventurer's Journey A Small Adventurer's Journey

I love the colours! They're so bright and saturated and it really pays off. But the perspective could be better, I feel that there isn't much of a sense of height. The trees in the background, the ground below the cliff, the guy and the dragon, there's not much in between all of these things. In my opinion, the solution would be to enlarge the canvas and show more of the background and plan how it's going to look in a thumbnail before doing anything else so that you have more freedom to exaggerate and accurately pose everything in the piece. Other than that, this picture is really pleasing to look at. Well done!

Xephio responds:

very true, I tried my best to change the canvas size and dimensions but only got so far. I didnt think it through and when I noticed all the mistakes I was already too far into the painting to start chopping everything up and reorganize it. thanks!

Cowboy Cowboy

First of all, the shading technique here is excellent, keep it up. All the shadows and highlights and values are great. And for the most part, the proportions are accurate.
BUT the proportions that aren't accurate do stick out to me. Not that there are many in this picture but to me it seems the right (anatomical right) arm is a noticeably short and the facial structure is quite off and a little flat.
I will say though, the hand on the right arm does look fantastic.
Good job!

deo101 responds:

yeah, you pretty much nailed all of the things I had trouble drawing.
And i'm really glad you noticed that hand, I was really proud of it
Thanks!

Colored Over Colored Over

Really great coloring here. I love the cartoon style coupled with the fantastically saturated range of colors. The background works well with the black in that it bring forth the main focus of the piece. Ah luvvit.

Adept Adept

The textures on the skin, paper and clothing are great. I love the concept of a rock man with lava flowing through his body. However, the perspective on his right arm is a but odd as well as the torso being a little bit too long. I'd love to see more of this kind of work, though!

ExCharny responds:

Hah, somehow i missed that, thanks, I changed it a little and there will be more

Facial Expression Facial Expression

The texture's really cool, particularly the hair. The stark contrast between the grey and red makes for an interesting piece. The facial proportions could be improved though as well creating more depth to the face.

Tiger salamander Tiger salamander

I really like the concept and I'd love to see more. The colours have a nice fluidity and temperature to them. The slimy texture is also well done. As Legodude2000 said, I'd love to see more of this character or similar concepts in more dynamic forms.
For purely concept art, I'd say this is a great piece!

Cazka responds:

Thanks! I really appreciate it, and yeah, the pose is a little stiff. I plan to do more of these.

Birthday Fairy Birthday Fairy

The watercolours, as you said, blended nicely in the background. The concept of the silhouette is intriguing but the execution could have been improved by focusing more on the proportions and the way things bend (particularly the foot) considering this is what makes or brakes a silhouette painting. Great job, though.

Jiovanni responds:

Thanks...

I'm not one for drawing people or proportions. My work tends to be more abstract.

My friend loved it and that is what counts.

Felt marker on painted canvas doesn't exactly erase well.

Athena Cykes Athena Cykes

The hair's great along with the shading and colours. But some work could be done on the facial proportions and the hand.

MikomiKisomi responds:

Thanks!

The Machine The Machine

Loved it. This is the first actually funny comic on Newgrounds I've seen. The style works perfectly as well

DBuck-Eye responds:

I'm happy to be your first. Forever.